Tuesday, November 27, 2012

RAWLICIOUSLY BEAUTIFUL by Angela Allain, RMT (a.k.a. Aleha Darabaka)



RAWLICIOUSLY BEAUTIFUL

by Angela Allain, RMT (a.k.a. Aleha Darabaka)

My healing journey began 13 years ago when I was 18 years old.

My health was really declining and western medicine wasn't seeming to improve it at all.
Then I got introduced to Acupuncture, followed by Naturopathy. 
My Naturopath got me to completely change my diet to that of holistic and whole foods and did a lot of cleansing.
It took a while, but my health dramatically improved until it was better than it had ever been before. I was always sick as a kid.
However, I felt I was on a plateau; that there was something missing in getting my health to the next optimal level.

When I worked in health food stores 10 years ago, I kept reading a health book that suggested to eat 50-75% raw foods to heal most health conditions. It got me curious. What does that mean to eat more raw? What is that?

I did some more research and it just made sense.

My former partner and I were both interested in becoming raw and began our raw journey together.
For the first four years, I was 70% raw while still living in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

I'd take every raw workshop I could attend there to educate myself to incorporate more and more in my life.
Since I moved to Toronto over 2 years ago, it's been much easier to be a raw foodist, especially a "busy, on-the-go" one.

Now I'm mostly 90-100% raw.

This has made a huge improvement in my health.
I have more energy, I require less sleep and feel more rested. My skin is more radiant; based on my youthful appearance, people mistake me for being twenty years old, and I'm actually 31.

On top of being a raw foodist, I've been incorporating activities like Belly Dancing for over 10 years in my health regime to maintain my outer beauty and fitness.


Angela Allain is a Registered Massage Therapist, Reiki Master/Teacher, Ear Candler, Raw Holistic Nutritionist and Belly Dancing performer
She can be contacted for her services at:

info@keepintouchtoronto.com
www.keepintouchtoronto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment